So you know what real estate agent branding is and why it’s important. (If you don’t, check out Part I one of this series). Now, we’ll move onto the process of actually creating your agent brand. You didn’t think we’d leave you hanging did you? Here are the basic steps to get you started:
- Determine Your Target Market: Real estate agent branding always starts with deciding on your customer base. Your target market isn’t just comprised of those you currently work with. Instead, you really want to think about your ideal clients. Take into account the locations you serve, what you offer, the services those dream clients are interested in and the demographics of potential customers, such as age, income and family size.
People usually prefer an expert in a few markets as opposed to someone who knows a little bit about a lot of markets.Sometimes promoting a niche, like luxury real estate, first homes or retirement communities, can give you a leg up and help you stand out. Remember, you’ll never appeal to everyone. So don’t be too broad and generic. Gear real estate agent branding towards the customers you want. For example, an older more conservative crowd might respond to a classic design, while young professionals may prefer something edgier.
- Know Your Competition: Do your research on how your competitors approach agent branding and learn what’s working for them and what isn’t. Incorporate these lessons into your own brand development. Pinpoint how you are different, what voids there are in the market and what services other agents are lacking that you can provide.
- Get Analytical: Most of us probably discovered our personal identities during those angst-filled teenage years or throughout the joys of early adulthood. This time around, it’s essential to focus on your identity as a real estate agent. Who are you professionally? Before you have one of those Oprah “a-ha” moments, you’ll need to ask yourself a few questions:
- What is your value as a real estate agent?
- What are your strengths?
- What key words do you want to come to mind when someone hears your name?
- What are the advantages of doing business with you as opposed to another agent and how are your services different?
- What’s your current reputation? What do you want your reputation to be?
- What are the basic elements of your personality? Are you lighthearted or serious? Are you casual or all business?
Once you’ve thought about your honest answers, write a short statement that sums you up. One or two sentences are fine. Work from that.
- Create Visual Appeal: Choose an aesthetically appealing, impactful logo, a color scheme and a font for your agent branding. Carry the themes over to your business cards, social media profiles, website and marketing materials. Unless you happen to be an excellent graphic designer on the side, hiring a professional is a worthwhile investment.
- Use Your Words: Decide on a slogan as well as the tone and voice of your content. Your tagline should stick in people’s minds, describe all of those questions you answered about yourself and appeal to clients’ emotions. This is another area where a professional can help.
- Implement Your Real Estate Agent Brand and Repeat: Use your logo, color scheme, design elements and slogan on every piece of marketing material and all of your communications down to your email signature. They should have a cohesive look and feel.
Drilling your name into people’s heads is the cornerstone of real estate agent branding. By the time you really push your brand, you should probably be a little sick of it. Consistently engage in marketing and advertising. Market through newsletters, blogs, social media, direct mail and every other conceivable tactic. Your brand will become synonymous with you. Represent the tone of your brand in all interactions from answering the phone to meeting with clients. Be your brand!
There you have it: the steps for effective agent branding. The return on investment is worth the time and effort. Be sure to check out our real estate agent branding packages and our awesome social media marketing services. You can focus on your business and we’ll do the rest. Contact HandsFreeAgent to get started.